While I love to cook, baking is not my forte. Luckily it is for my sister from another mister–Nichole. When I recently needed to make a festive holiday dessert, I knew exactly who to turn to. She is the Pinterest Queen and always has the best ideas (and cutest presentation!)
Since baking isn’t my strong suit, she came up with a foolproof dessert that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. And the best part? There are so many variations on this dessert that you can replicate it for any occasion year-round. Scroll to the bottom for more ideas. Happy baking!
1. Bake brownies according to package instructions. We used the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix.
2. Once the brownies have cooled completely, cut them into small bite-sized pieces.
3. Make the whipped cream — using an electric mixer beat 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. We also added a bit of vanilla, but peppermint extract would be great, too!
5. Start assembling your jars — add the brownie bites, top with chocolate sauce, add a dollop of whipped cream, and top with sprinkles or crushed candy cane.
6. Twist on the lid and their ready to travel to your final destination!
7. Enjoy! If you’re like me, enjoy more than one…
Here are some variations for you to use year-round:
- Anytime! Pound cake with whipped cream–just add sprinkles that correspond to the occasion
- New Year’s Eve: Champagne cupcake with buttercream frosting
- Valentine’s Day or Christmas: Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
- St. Patrick’s Day: Green velvet cake (just add green food coloring instead of red) with cream cheese frosting
- Thanksgiving: Pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting
- Christmas: Brownie with peppermint extract and whipped cream with crushed candy cane on top
A big THANK YOU to Nichole for this amazing dessert idea!