For those of you that have been around Casually Glam for a while, you may have noticed that dresses are a year round staple. With the first signs of spring, the tights come off and the bright colors come out. As silly as it sounds, it feels so much easier to pop on a dress rather than trying to match separates. And is it just me, or does it always feel like you never have enough tops!?
As I refresh my warm weather wardrobe, there are five dresses I’ll be looking for:
- A bright maxi – great for running errands on the weekends or staying comfy (yet still chic) on an airplane.
- A flirty floral – I bought a bold floral print dress last year and I have worn it everywhere! Nothing says spring like a great floral print.
- An easy shift – When in doubt, a shift dress is always a flattering choice. When I am not in the mood to get overly glommed up, I love a simple cotton shift.
- A little white dress – Last year I shared my love of the LWD in this post. With some beach vacations on deck this summer, I’ll be sure to pack more than one.
- Stripes (and more stripes) – Who doesn’t love a dash of nautical!? I went for bold stripes last year, but this year I have been looking for something more relaxed and casual. I love the look of an easy striped dress (as seen here on instagram!) paired with cute sandals and a panama hat. Stripes can be tricky to pull off; if you’re nervous about horizontal stripes, try a plain jacket on top to contour your curves.
No matter how hot it is outside, I will ALWAYS carry my trusty denim jacket. It looks good over just about everything and is a lifesaver when going in and out of air conditioning.
What will you be shopping for this summer?
On Christina: Dress: Banana Republic Crepe Cutout Dress (on sale!) // Shoes: Loeffler Randall Marmy Scalloped Sandals in Biscuit // Accessories: Madewell Transport Tote in English Saddle (last seen here) // Ray Ban Original Aviators in Gold/Orange // J. Crew Spring Bloom Bracelet // Nails: OPI Nail Lacquer in Mod About You
Location: Riverside Park, Upper West Side, New York